Sunday, June 9, 2013

Is It Important To Be On Top?

Image courtesy of: “Chuck Felix” / FreeDigitalPhotos.net



Are you someone who doesn’t let life happen to you, but are one who makes life happen for you?

Overview of Article about Being ‘On Top
A wonderful man, Jon, recently came into my life, and he planned a trip to St. Louis, MO.  It was our first vacation together so it was an important experience in sharing and trust.  There was a discuss we had    about some scenery, which Jon made an interesting observation and gave rise to conversation for us.

I’m Trippin’
The first day was spend seeing some of the sights of the city, getting my nails done (had to do something while he had business to take care of) and just enjoying being together. I’m going to talk about something Jon and I just discussed.  
The next day we got up early  and traveled on Amtrak from St. Louis to Kansas City, MO.  It is my first Amtrak ride, I loved it!  It’s so nice knowing there are still special experiences and new ways to live life to the fullest 
The ride was smooth with just a little rocking motion, which helped me relax (and Jon  sleep).  The scenery was great, which brings me to the point of this post.  We passed by a small town, which had a wooded hillside in the background overlooking the community below.
I said to Jon, “Look how pretty it looks with the houses dotting the landscape above the town.”
Jon said, “It’s always important for people to be on top?” 
This caused me to pause for a moment since it was such a thought-provoking statement and meant more than the obvious.  

What Does It Mean to be On Top?

  • My First Thoughts.

  1. “On Top’ of what?”  
  2. “Is it really important to be on top?”
  3. “Why is important?”
  4. “What does this mean to me/you?”

Being On Top and What It Really Means
First question made me think how often the powerful and wealthy are often thought of being more important and a bit above others.  Of course, this isn’t said out loud, but one can detected an air of endowment with some of the rich.  I have met people who the world or society is not even aware of, yet they have influenced me and others in such a way that we are forever changed.  
I’m reminded of a woman I knew when I was 16-18, who was about the age I am now (greater than 55 and happy with myself, which is a wonderful place to be).  She was  supportive, caring and helped me come to terms with my abusive father.  She and her husband helped me to take the first step towards freedom from my secluded prison known to others as my ‘home’.
Leaving everything and everyone I knew and cared about was scary, shocking and disturbing for me.  I’m sure it probably was for her and her husband as well, because they took me into their home for a night and stayed up to keep watch and making sure my father did not try to do me any harm. 
She also contacted my older sister, and I was able to talk with her and get some much-needed support.  My sister and her husband paid for me to get to St. Louis where they lived, they provided for me until I could take some classes toward finding employment.
In my opinion, she is one of the most successful, loving and important people in the world.  ‘Did she gain great wealth or power?’  Probably not.  Did she make a great difference in the world so that everyone knows her name.  Again, probably not.  Is she important and ‘on top’ in my book?  Absolutely!

Image courtesy of: “federico stevanin”  / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Why is being ‘on top’ important to you/me?
Every person, at some point in their life, will decide what is important to them.  If a person fails to make a conscious decision, they have, in fact, decided.  Are you ‘on top?’  If so, how would you describe what this means?  If not, what do you think of this topic? 
I decided many years ago what was important to me, and what I felt success (being ‘on top’) meant.

Steps I Took to Create Success for Myself

  1. It is important to teach my children they are loved; they are loveable and they can accomplish anything if they want it badly enough and are willing to work for it.
  2. It is important to be positive and turn around the negative things that have happened, and will happen, to me into something positive.
  3. It is important that I am able to influence others to stretch farther than the average person and create a  life of love, joy, peace and balance. 
  4. It is important that I realize it is up to me to decide my success and do it on my own terms.
  5. “Am I know throughout the world for anything special?”  No.  (Not yet anyway!)

What is Means to Me to Be ‘On Top’
Image courtesy of [image creator name] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
“Am I an important person?” Yes-to myself and to those who love me.
“ Do I have lots of money or power?” No. 
“Is my blog visited by the famous or those of notoriety?”  No, but my readers visit because they want to hear a message of living life to the fullest.  They visit because they care about their life and the welfare of humanity.
“Would I like to have lots of money and power?”  Yes, however, only if I use the wealth to better myself as a person and the people I meet.”
“Am I happy with my life and feel successful?”  Yes.
“Do I want more to come of my writing/blog?” Of course!

Now It’s Your Turn!
I have told you my own thoughts on this topic of being ‘on top.’  What are yours?  Do you have a story, a thought, a comment or something you would like to share?  I hope so, and hope you will comment in the section below. 
While you’re at here, please subscribe to my blog posts, share this post with your friends and follow me on social media sites.

Till next time, may Light make your path clear, may Wisdom be your guide and may Love lead you in this journey called “Life”.
Article source : http://www.speakingoflove.net/is-it-important-to-be-on-top/

0 comments:

Post a Comment